Which of the following contain gold? All of them!
- BMW 5 Series: in the ABS electronics, airbag initiators etc
- Boeing Dreamliner: thin gold coating on windshield to reduce glare
- First response pregnancy testing kit: nanoparticulate gold colloids
- BP Chemical Plant in Hull: Estimated to be a few tonnes of gold sitting in a chemical reactor to make vinyl acetate monomer (used to make paints and glue)
- The Royal Bank Plaza Building, Toronto: Over 70Kg of gold are used to reflect sunlight keeping the air conditioning costs down (gold is an effective absorber of infrared light)