1. The data controller
2. How we use your personal data
We may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about you which we can use to identify you with, such as your name, email address, direct telephone number and certain other details (“personal data“), as well as other non-personal information about your business and profession. We may use this information to:
- Upon your request, register you as a member of Women in Mining UK, to include and categorise you in a list of members of Women in Mining UK and to contact you concerning the administration of your membership;
- Send you electronic marketing communications including:
- updates about the Website, news concerning Women in Mining UK, and events, promotions or competitions being offered by Women in Mining UK; and
- Information from us or from permitted selected third parties about goods and services which may be of interest to you;
- Enable us to contact you for security reasons or in order to respond to or direct communications from third parties to the relevant recipient(s);
- Enable other members to contact you via the Website messaging functionalities or directly; and
- Enable you to access various features of the Website and to configure the Website to provide you with the most useful and personalised information.
We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring Website usage in order to help us develop the Website and our service and may provide such aggregate information to third parties solely for these purposes. Except as otherwise stipulated herein or under the Terms, Women in Mining UK shall not disclose personal data which members provide on the Website and from which members can be identified and/or contacted to any third parties without the prior authorisation of each relevant member. We may disclose any details as required by law or court order or in response to reasonable enquiries from law enforcement agencies.
Your personal data will be stored within the European Economic Area and will not be transmitted to a territory outside it.
3. Electronic marketing communications
We will only send you electronic marketing communications if you have opted to receive them when providing your personal data to us and/or by amending your profile settings on the Website.
If you had opted to receive such electronic marketing communications but no longer want us and/or selected third parties to use your personal data in this way, then please change your profile settings on the Website to stop them or click the “unsubscribe” button on any unwanted types of electronic marketing communications that you receive in the future.
The Website uses “cookies” (small pieces of information stored on your computer’s hard drive by your browser) which enable us to personalise your use of the Website (for example by automatically filling in your password). If you do not want a cookie to be stored on your hard drive you should select the appropriate options on your web browser. This will not prevent you from using most features of the Website.
5. Protection of personal data
We take reasonable precautions to ensure that any personal data which you provide is used only for the purposes set out in this policy. As required by the Data Protection Act 2018 we have strict security procedures regarding the storage and disclosure of personal data. In particular, all personal data you submit to us is confined to areas of the website which require registration and login (the “Members Portal”); all the information you submit to us through the Member’s portal is stored in encrypted form. However, the internet is not a completely secure network and we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by other parties.
6. Keeping your records up to date
If any of the information that you have provided on the Website changes (for example if you change employer or contact details) then please log in to the Website and update your profile.
7. Your rights
You have a right to correct any personal data that we may hold about you and have a right of access to the personal data that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to do this, identifying in detail the personal data that you would like to correct or wish to have access to.
If would like us to remove all the personal data that we hold about you from our records please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete any registration you have made and endeavour to remove all personal data that we hold about you from our records. Please note, however, that we require certain key information from you in order to provide you with certain services that you may require and if you ask us to remove all or part such information you may no longer be able to use or access the Website or parts of it.