ABOUT WOMEN IN MINING
Founded in 2006, Women in Mining (WIM) advocates and speaks for women in the mining sector, informing industry participants and decision-makers of the challenges and opportunities women are finding in pursuing careers in mining companies and other mining-related businesses.
Through our partnerships with leading mining companies and other industry participants, WIM provides thought leadership, analysis and research on the business case for diversity, inclusion and the economic advancement of women in the sector.
WIM offers a strong network which is used to progress professional goals and career aspirations. Membership is complimentary to both women and men.
Through our work with universities and other organisations, WIM promotes the role of women in the mining industry and externally raises awareness of mining as a career choice for women.
WIM celebrates and shares female success stories with the “100 Global Inspirational Women in Mining” publications and through our social media channels.
Supporting professional development and providing opportunities to network.
WIM is dedicated to constantly increasing and improving member’s services. These include:
- Networking drinks and speaker seminars on mining or career-related topics.
- A calendar of mining events.
- Maintenance of the members’ directory and facilitating direct contacts between members.
The network aims to enable individual members to come together and exchange ideas and information and to create connections that allow our membership to raise the profile of women in the mining sector, both locally and globally.
WIM Key Facts
- Founded in 2006.
- Dynamic network of 2,000 professionals.
- Members from most mining-related professions and businesses.
- Regular networking events and seminars.
- Annual Autumn student event.
- Presence at Mines and Money London and annual cocktail reception.
- Online events calendar listing WIM and key industry events.
- Online interactive Members’ Directory to facilitate networking.
- Coordination with other women’s networks in the UK and other WIM groups worldwide.