Throughout the year, WIM UK organises a variety of events for our members and friends – ranging from networking drinks and educational panels to technical presentations and professional development workshops. Please click through the calendar below to view our latest schedule. Everyone is welcomed, regardless of gender!
Due to COVID-19 restrictions around the world, all of our events have been postponed or moved to an online forum for the time being. We look forward to seeing you all again soon but until then we hope that you, your families and friends keep safe and healthy during these unprecedented times. In the meantime, visit our COVID-19 Resources page, which is regularly updated with links to interesting webinars and talks that will keep you entertained and informed.
- This event has passed.
Above ground risks and how to mitigate them: tales from the trenches
Risk mitigation is key in any industry, particularly when you are working in remote locations.
Join Fieldfisher and WIM, as our esteemed panel discusses some of the main risks companies face when developing/operating projects and how they can successfully mitigate them.
Our speakers will include:
• Neil Hume, Natural Resources Editor, Financial Times
• Charlie Ritchie formerly GC & CoSec, Acacia Mining, and GC Diamonds & Minerals USA, Rio Tinto
• Ashley Messick, Partner, Dispute Consulting at GPW Group
• Livia Paggi, Partner Political Risk at GPW Group
• Simon Sloane, Partner, Fieldfisher
• Cecily Davis, Co-Head Africa Group, Fieldfisher
We look forward to seeing you then. Please register here.